Have you ever thought your Flash movie would make a great screen saver? This tutorial will show you what you should do to create a colorful full-featured SCR screen saver from any SWF project.
Flash, SWF, SCR, Screensaver, Flash-to-Screensaver, SWF-to-SCR
Have you ever thought your Flash movie would make a great screen saver? This tutorial will show you what you should do to create a colorful full-featured SCR screen saver with great visual effects from any SWF project.
Complete the following steps to create a screensaver:
1. Open SWF Maestro SCR. If you do not have it, you can download it at http://tools.allflashtools.com/SWF_Maestro_SCR-review-140.html
2. Click New to create a new project.
3. Open “General Screensaver name” settings and specify the name for your screensaver.
4. Open “General Version info” settings and specify version, company and copyright info.
5. Open “Files Files for compilation” settings and specify a SWF file you’d like to turn into the screensaver. You can also specify a directory if your SWF project loads data from other files (XML, JPG, MP3, FLV, etc.)
6. If you want to set your own icon for the screensaver, specify it in the “Files Screensaver icon” settings.
7. Open “Files SWF Player” settings and specify the Flash player requirements.
8. Open “Files Final screensaver” settings and specify where the screensaver should be saved.
9. If you want to add a ‘settings’ menu for your screensaver, specify it in the “Screensaver Settings menu”.
10. If you want to create an “interactive” screensaver that will terminate on ESC key or other key combination, use the “Screensaver Termination conditions” settings.
11. You can also setup the context menu for “interactive” screensavers using the “Screensaver Context menu” settings.
12. Use the “Screensaver Installer” settings if you want to generate an installer for your screensaver. An installer is the user-friendly and comfortable way to distribute the screensaver. Once started, it will automatically install the screensaver on the user’s computer and enable it. If the user would suddenly like to remove the screensaver, he can easily do it using the uninstaller coming together with the screensaver.
13. Click Save to save the project.
14. Click Preview to preview the screensaver.
15. Close the Preview window and click Compile to compile the screensaver.
To install a screensaver in the system, just copy the compiled SCR file (including the DAT file if you choose to pack files separately) to the System32 subdirectory of the directory where the Windows operating system is installed. If you want to create an installer for your screensaver, complete the step 12.